Delays due to years of litigation have finally come to an end for the newest waterfront mega project on the horizon for Miami’s oldest and most sought-after neighborhood, Coconut Grove. Coconut Grove’s waterfront revamp mega project, The Harbour, which will replace Scotty’s Landing and Chart House, will begin construction right after the world-renowned Coconut Grove Arts Festival this upcoming President’s Day Weekend.
The annual Coconut Grove Arts Festival, which runs from February 17-19th, attracts people from all around the globe and fills the waterfront area of the Grove with thousands of artists and art connoisseurs, so rightfully so, Grove Bay Investment Group decided to wait until after the festival to begin on the mega mixed-use project that will transform the historic waterfront area in Coconut Grove.
Back in 2013, the Miami City Commission agreed to lease 7 acres of the city-owned waterfront land situated north and east of the Miami City Hall to Grove Bay Investment Group for $1.8 M annually (upon completion) and a few other strings attached including a commitment to privately fund millions of dollars in improvements to the area which include redeveloping a marina and improving the baywalk, among others. Grove Bay Investment Group, also referred to as Grove Bay Hospitality Group, will use its leased prime land for 2 upscale restaurants, a casual outdoor restaurant and an indoor/outdoor event space, which is all explained below in more detail.
The Harbour in Coconut Grove will consist of:
- a•fish•o•na•do – An upscale seafood restaurant offering approximately 200 seats in a 5,500-square-foot space.
- Cut + Dry – A trendy 6,000-square-foot steakhouse focusing on sourcing the highest quality meats and ingredients presented in an elevated yet casual setting.
- Hangar 42 Pub & Grill – An outdoor casual restaurant that will be designed to capture the nautical and aeronautical spirit of historic Coconut Grove, offering more than 200 seats and serving fast-casual-type eats such as fish tacos, fresh grilled fish, sandwiches and salads.
- Harbor Terrace – An indoor/outdoor event space that may be leased out for weddings, corporate events and other social events open with 200 seats and a catering kitchen.
- Grove Bay Garage – A city owned and operated parking garage that will be controlled by the Miami Parking Authority.
Coconut Grove is one of the most-sought-after neighborhoods in all of South Florida, known and loved for its Bohemian charm, natural park-like landscaping, boutique shopping, delicious restaurants and boat-loads of parks and marinas! If you, or someone you know, are interested in learning more about Coconut Grove, please feel free to contact Coconut Grove resident and real estate broker, Michael Light. You may reach Michael directly at (786) 566-1700 or email@example.com.